On flowers, cameras, travels, friends and other marvels of nature

Saturday, March 17, 2012

Lunaria annua


 

Corfu, Mars 13, 2012


Lunaria annua is commonly known as "Silver dollar" or "Chinese money" because of the shape and colour of its seeds. It is also known as "Corfu blue" because it is widespread on the island of Corfu, in the Ionian Sea. The pictures above are taken precisely in Corfu (Kerkyra), in a warm spring afternoon, during a visit to the island with my colleague and friend Yorgos T.
We both had to give lectures in a master class of History and Digital resources and while Yorgos was teaching and I was waiting my turn, I used the opportunity to walk around the so-called New Fortress of the city. I have been pleasantly surprised by the variety and rarity of the wild flowers I encountered, among which the Lunaria here above.

No comments:

Post a Comment